Ontology Harbinger Interview Series: Alvin | by The Ontology Team | OntologyNetwork | Aug, 2021
This is an ongoing series featuring Ontology’s Harbingers. Harbingers are exceptional leaders that help Ontology grow its community and ecosystem, making it an ever-stronger blockchain, and decentralized identity and data leader.
1. How did you hear about Ontology? What drew you to Ontology?
I first heard about Ontology via a website called stakingrewards.com. I liked the idea of decentralized identity (DID) and also the staking reward opportunities.
2. What made you become a supporter of Ontology and a champion of its brand?
I own some ONT tokens and wanted to give my full support. I like the Ontology brand and product.
3. What do you see as the key role of a Harbinger? What is your favorite thing about being a Harbinger?
The key role of a Harbinger is to increase awareness about Ontology, grow the community, educate newcomers about Ontology’s products and earning opportunities, and answer any questions from the community.
4. Why is being part of the Ontology community important to you?
Being part of the Ontology community is very important because I interact with other like-minded people and stay up-to-date with Ontology’s latest developments.
5. How is Ontology’s community different from other blockchain communities? Is there anything that makes it stand out?
The Harbinger program. Other projects don’t have a community-oriented program like this. Ontology has a variety of local language communities to accommodate community members from different parts of the world.
6. What do you use as your key channels for engagement with the Ontology community and why? Would you like to see any others?
Twitter, Facebook, and Telegram. I really want to have a YouTube channel as well but I don’t have enough funds to set one up. I don’t have a camera or microphone for live streaming. One day in the future I hope to be able to start a channel to help support Ontology.
7. Can you share a memorable experience or something you’ve learned from being a Harbinger? What advice would you give to someone looking to become a Harbinger?
I received Ontology merchandise, including Ontology T-shirts, a bag and stickers. I earned these from my service as a Harbinger. My advice would be to get active in the project, study it and its products and share your knowledge with others.
8. How would you describe the Ontology community in three words?
Growing, active, consistent.
9. How do you think Ontology could expand its community going forward? What would you like to see more/less of? What kinds of things do you see community members do that you think help our community grow?
Doing AMAs is great but I would like to see it in all local communities, not only in the ONTO Wallet Telegram group. For example on Binancei, every time there is a new project, an AMA is held in all of their local communities. Now NFTs and GameFi are trending, it would be great to have an NFT game Ontology network like HyperDragon.
10. What do you see as the key milestones for Ontology and how can the community help with achieving these?
Three years of growth is a great milestone, already. Many partnerships and EVM integration coming will bring great products to Ontology. The community needs to be consistent in letting the world know how great Ontology is so we can onboard more members.
To learn more about Ontology’s Harbinger Program and how you can get involved, check out our updated GUIDE.
Tune in next week for the seventh interview in the Ontology Harbinger Interview Series.