Ontology Monthly Report — September 2021 | by The Ontology Team | OntologyNetwork | Sep, 2021
The fact that over 1.5 million users have embraced decentralized identity through ONT ID reflects the significant appetite for blockchain solutions that safeguard user privacy in the midst of ongoing scamming, identity fraud, data leaks and ransomware attacks.
-Li Jun, Founder of Ontology
- We have completed the launch of Ontology’s EVM TestNet and are 56% done with testing. Ontology’s Security Vulnerabilities and Threat Intelligence Bounty Programme is ongoing with a top prize of $12,000 in ONG rewards.
- We have completed Ethereum RPC support and are 100% done with internal testing. The TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 51% done with testing.
- We have completed 100% of Ontology’s new Ethereum account system and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 52% done with testing.
- The EVM/OEP-4 asset seamless transfer technical solution is complete and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 49% done with testing.
- ONTO App v4.0.0 was released, adding Identity Mode and support for cross-chain aggregated swaps from Ontology to Polygon in the Market section.
- Ontology released 3,333 limited edition Ontology Avatars. Each Avatar is randomly generated and can be tied to an ONT ID that represents the owner in the metaverse. All Ontology Avatars were claimed in under 5 hours.
- ONTO hosted an event with Wing to celebrate Wing’s 1st birthday. During Wing’s birthday month from September 13 to October 11, users have the opportunity to use ONTO and ONT ID to obtain various rewards such as Participation Prizes, Lucky Prizes and Special Prizes. At present, the number of participants exceeds 6,000.
- ONTO hosted a NFT competition event with GameDAO, the world’s first NFT encrypted artwork entertainment creation platform. Participants submitted 38 ONTO, Ontology and GameDAO themed NFTs.
- ONTO hosted campaigns with Beefy Finance, BurgerSwap, ApeSwap and TEN Finance, with over 2500 participants. These campaigns have been successfully completed, and the rewards have been distributed via ONTO Anydrop.
- ONTO also hosted a DeFi campaign with Deri Protocol. There were over 400 participants, and winners can claim their rewards via Deri Protocol at the specified time.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with Moonpot. There were over 300 participants and the rewards will be distributed in the near future.
- As of September 24, 2021, there have been 121 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 6,750,098 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 81,136 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 16,446,073 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 238,234 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- Ontology published the next couple of interviews in its Harbinger Series. Alvin from our Philippines community said that, by being a Harbinger, he can learn about the latest developments of Ontology and interact with community members. Hamzat from our English community said he believes that the digital identity of Ontology can solve the problems of data theft and privacy disclosure, and affect users’ lives in a positive way.
- Ontology Harbinger Emilio from our Spanish community was invited to join a workshop hosted by Blockchain Summit Global. He shared Ontology’s latest progress and had in-depth exchanges with members of the Spanish community. The video recap of the workshop is available here.
- We held another Ontology Community Call on Discord, led by Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community. He introduced Web3 and Loot, and how Ontology solves the problem of “giving users the initiative and control of personal data’’ in Web3. He also held our weekly DeID Summit, in which spoke about “the difference between DID and Black Mirror”.
- We held our new Telegram Community Call, led by Astro, an Ontology Harbinger from our Asian community. He introduced DID applications, the Ontology EVM TestNet and the advantages of Ontology as a high-performance public chain compatible with EVM，which attracted many community members to participate.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a new Technical Support Intern, a new Operation Intern, a new Front-End Intern, a new Research Engineer, a new Operations Associate and a new Business Developer Associate.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Solution Architect Europe
- Solution Consultant
- Global Marketing Manager
- DeFi Strategist
- Developer Engineer, Solidity
- Engineer, Research
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Engineer, iOS
- Engineer, Android
- Product Lead
- Ecosystem Growth Manager
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- ONT Login, the decentralized identity universal login component based on ONT ID and ONT TAG, the batch verification solution, have been officially released, forming a complete Ontology DID product matrix together with the on-chain credit score, OScore. The ONT.ID website is now live. This product matrix supports comprehensive DID solutions with easy-to-integrate products, friendly to both dApps and traditional web applications.
- Ontology announced that ONT ID, its decentralized digital identity application, has surpassed 1.5 million users. The news was covered by Enterprise Times.
- Ontology has officially deployed its EVM TestNet and is opening its EVM-compatible public beta for developers. In collaboration with code auditor SlowMist, Ontology set up the Ontology Security Vulnerabilities and Threat Intelligence Bounty Programme, with a top prize of $12,000 in ONG rewards. In order to encourage community developers to quickly and easily familiarize themselves with the Ontology EVM development environment, we published Everything You Need To Know About Ontology EVM Contract Development.
- Ontology partnered with 4EVERLAND to accelerate Web3 adoption. Ontology’s primary website, ont.io, has become fully decentralized using 4EVERLAND’s DWeb hosting services. Decentralization of ont.io will facilitate greater security, transparency, and traceability, whilst further improving data processing.
- Ontology passed 150,000 followers on Twitter. We will continue to grow and encourage adoption of decentralized identity and data solutions.
- Ontology’s Chief of Global Ecosystem Partnerships, Gloria Wu, spoke at the 2021 European Identity and Cloud (EIC) about how Web 3 technologies are allowing people to form their own identities with self-sovereign behavior data.
Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, published an article entitled “Why community is key to blockchain and crypto project success” in Forkast; he argues the success of a blockchain is reliant on the cohesion and interactiveness of its community.