Ontology Harbinger Interview Series: Andrey | by The Ontology Team | OntologyNetwork | Nov, 2021
This is an ongoing series featuring Ontology’s Harbingers. Harbingers are exceptional leaders that help Ontology grow its community and ecosystem, making it an ever-stronger blockchain, and decentralized identity and data leader.
1. How did you hear about Ontology? What drew you to Ontology?
I learned about Ontology shortly after its founding in 2017. Ontology had a fresh take on Web3 and brought its own, new and unique product suite. Namely, the management and protection of user online identities and data.
2. Why did you become a supporter of Ontology and a champion of its brand?
I like the idea of Ontology and its future prospects; renting cars, devices, real estate, and the ability to provide these services without an intermediary. I like their range of services very much.
3. What’s the key role of a Harbinger? What’s your favorite thing about being a Harbinger?
I see an opportunity to help show people how their data is managed and controlled online! Once people realize how little control they currently have over their data, Ontology’s decentralized identity and data solutions become very attractive.
I like to be the first to receive information. And the opportunity to do what I like, which is helping people! Although, I began doing this long before I became Harbinger.
4. Why is it important to you to be a part of the Ontology community?
I am very close to the ideas and goals of Ontology. I want to be at the forefront of decentralized identity adoption.
5. How is the Ontology community different from other blockchain communities, is there anything that makes it stand out?
Our community is similar to other crypto communities in certain respects. However, one thing that stands out to me is that people who come to Ontology become loyal supporters forever.
6. What do you use as your main channels for interacting with the Ontology community and why? Do you want to see more?
Most often I use Telegram, but I also actively communicate through other social networks on cryptocurrency channels. There are a lot of people in these groups and you can get new ideas and information, as well as help people learn more about Ontology.
7. Can you share an unforgettable experience or something you learned from being a Harbinger? What advice would you give to someone who wants to be a journalist?
There is access to the admin chat. There, the admins turn to each other for help and if you closely follow everything, then later, you won’t even need to ask, you will know a lot of subtleties. I would like to highlight DuMonT, he is a real pro and responds very quickly!
8. How would you describe the Ontology community in three words?
Innovative, thoughtful, impactful.
9. How do you think Ontology can expand its community going forward? What would you like to see more/less? What kinds of things do you see community members doing that you think have helped our community grow?
Of course, the first is advertising and cooperation with companies and the integration of ONT ID. The creation of new applications, especially related to GameFi, is also important. The community should share and recommend Ontology on social media and messenger apps.
10. What do you see as key milestones for Ontology and how can the community help achieve them?
Ontology has a great future. I believe the project will continue to grow and improve. The sky’s the limit!
To learn more about Ontology’s Harbinger Program and how you can get involved, check out our updated GUIDE.